Friday July 17th
We are pleased to announce effective Friday July 17th the Centre will reopen at 11am offering Tap & Play Games ONLY! Games will be available from 11am to 1am daily. “Social Distancing” restrictions have caused the number of games available and the selection to be LIMITED. The following outlines our reopening procedures and what you can expect.
It has been almost four months since we have welcomed customers and staff through our doors. We have used this opportunity to diligently clean and sanitize each area of our gaming centre and develop a reopening plan that ensures the health and safety of every visitor. Working with government officials and public health experts, we’ve restructured operations and implemented crucial safety measures to ensure we are providing the safest gaming experience possible.
- In order to comply with mandated capacity restrictions, the first stage of reopening our gaming centres will include cabinet games ONLY! This means there will be NO BINGO SESSIONS when we first reopen. Once up and operational again, we will re-evaluate and bring bingo sessions back as soon as possible.
- Face masks must be worn when inside the building. (as per the Region of Waterloo’s bylaw)
- Management reserves the right, at their discretion, to refuse service to anyone that will not comply with protocols and/or someone who jeopardizes the health and safety of staff and customers. This includes but is not limited to; denied entry into the facility and/or being asked to leave the premises.
HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN CENTRE:
- Due to government mandated capacity restrictions, there will be a limited number of customers allowed in the centre at one time. As a preventative measure, all customers will be asked screening questions and required to apply hand sanitizer upon entry.
- To limit exposure and manage capacity, there will be NO in and out privileges once you have entered. This means, if you exit the facility and wish to re-enter, you will need to stand in line (when applicable) and repeat the entry procedure.
- Staff and customers must maintain a 2-meter distance from one another at all times. This applies to line-ups (inside and outside), washrooms, seating, etc. Gaming areas that are not in use will be closed off completely. Watch for distancing reminders on the floor and displayed signage.
ENHANCED CLEANING MEASURES
- Staff members will be continuously sanitizing high touch areas property wide, with products proven to kill bacteria and viruses. Cabinet machines will be disinfected after each use and hand sanitizing stations will be made available for customers to use at their discretion.
- The air circulation system has been adjusted to maximize fresh air exchange inside the facility.
- All staff have completed detailed training on distancing, disinfecting and protection. They are following rigorous hygiene protocols and are committed to upholding these standards to protect themselves and our customers.
- Masks are mandatory as per the Region of Waterloo bylaw. Wearing a mask protects you and the people around you.
- Staff will be wearing the protective equipment necessary for their job function.
- Protective guards have been installed at customer service areas.
- Full food services have been modified to only pre-packaged and quick order items. All self-serve stations are closed (condiments, cream, sugar etc.)
- To ensure limited exposure to outside contaminants, outside food or drink is no longer permitted in the centre.
As we move through the stages of re-opening, we will be strictly abiding by health official recommendations, and adjusting these protocols and procedures accordingly. The Cambridge Bingo and Gaming Centre is committed to meeting or exceeding all necessary health measures so that every customer and staff member feels safe inside our centre.
With your cooperation and support, we can maintain a clean and healthy gaming environment for everyone. We are in a constant state of change and must respond to information as we receive it. Thank you for being patient and working with us as we navigate this ‘new normal’ together. As these protocols change, we will keep you updated.